What happens when bird feces awakens an entire monument of hero fighters?
“Stones” is a visual poetic event, created by Yinon Tzafrir.
This performance is inspired by “The Warsaw Ghetto Uprising Monument” by Nathan Rapoport (1911-1987).
“Stones” tells a story through the eyes of a sculpture that comes to life, this is an ironic journey through the twentieth century, a journey among spirits and memories.
“Stones” is an original and surprising performance, full of strong images. A bitter-sweet event, where laughter goes alongside the breathtaking & the present flirts with the past. This show deals with passion for life, heroic myth and victory of the spirit.
The performers prove that poetry & imagination are the tools that can transform even the ugliest moment in history into beauty and hope. By means of subtle acting, a unique soundtrack & original visual metaphors “Orto-Da Group” creates a new theatrical language.
Created by: Yinon Tzafrir
Directors: Yinon Tzafrir, Daniel Zafrani
Dramaturge: Yifat Zandani Tzafrir
Scenography: Miki Ben Knaan
Costumes, wigs and props: Tova Berman
Sound design: Daniel Zafrani, Yinon Tzafrir
Lighting design: Uri Morag
Artistic consulter: Avi Gibson Barel
Performers: Avi Gibson Bar-El, Motty Sabag, Hila Spector, Nimrod Ronen, Michael Marks and Yinon Tzafrir
‘One of the best ten shows in the world’
The artistic committee, Westphalia Germany 2007
‘It is a show full of beauty, but also an irony in which 5 actors and 1 actress ‘’live’’ on the scene like a monument. Richness of poetic elements perfect acting, great light and music, are just some few elements of this perfect and great theater story’
PUFF theatre festival PULA CROATIA 2008
‘The ORTO-Da Theater offers a mime show of rare creativity, original, intense and poetic. It stirs our conscience and heightens our emotions with modesty and delicacy’ TERRACE, Avignon 2009
‘The detail, the slightest gesture or glance is sketched with the touch of poetry, allegory and humor that goes to the heart of the snapsht’
PROVENCE France 2009
“Stones” has won many prizes, including:
- Chosen to be one of the best 10 shows among 200 international entries,
- Germany/NRW, 2007 Both ‘Audience Choice’ and ‘Artistic Committee’ Awards in the FERIA DE TEATRO DE CASTILLA Y LEÓN
- Spain 2007 Best show –Puff Theatre Festival-Pula, Croatia
- 2008 First prize — International Street C.A.T Theater Festival, Israel 2005 Best Design Award –Israel Fringe “Kipod Hazahav” contest
- 2008 And 4 more awards by “Assitej”
- 2011 (Theater for Children and Youth): Best Choreography Award Best Interdisciplinary Play Award Best Lighting Award Accessories Design Award